Lolade at noirpress

 

Hi love,

How are you feeling today? I know you must be aware of what's happening in Nigeria. It is a tragic day in the world's history when the country that produces the most genius can open fire on its young future while cameras roll. Thank God for those who documented everything accurately and in realtime.

In case you're unsure what to believe, I'm going to share what I've observed over the last several days, as well as my video response. I've been following the developments closely on Twitter and via my Nigerian and African group chats. I've been speaking to people on ground in Lagos and Abuja. This movement was 60 years in the making. And I believe this is the movement that will Liberate Nigeria and help activate Liberation across the Black World.

Here's some background: SARS is a gang posed as police, who have consistently robbed and killed Nigerian youth who appeared to be affluent or thriving. The movement to eliminate them has been on since 2015.

The movement was reactivated due to a video of a robbery and murder SARS committed in early October being posted on Twitter. Celebrities and people from all walks of life joined forces to shut down Lagos, and shut down Nigeria in protest. The protests were extremely organized, with food, water and medical services being provided to protesters through fundraising by the Feminist Coalition, Flutterwave and other organizations. The protest organizers used drones to document, bitcoin to fund and bluetooth to bypass cellular disruptions.

Because the Federal Government of Nigeria felt threatened by the level of organization, they began to warn the youth that they would have to forcibly remove them from the streets. They paid armed thugs to disrupt the protests, called for a curfew, removed surveillance cameras, disabled cell towers, turned out the lights and opened fire, killing and injuring many unarmed youth.

I share my thoughts on all of this and what we need to do to move forward in this video. Let me know what you think in the comments or reply to this email.

You can also sign this petition to charge Buhari with crimes against humanity.

I'll write back soon with more on how we can come together in the short term to reclaim our destinies and manifest a Liberated Black future.

I love you and I declare that you shall thrive.

Lolade

PS: Use this prayer for protection as you go about your days:

Infinite God, I receive your shield of force, protecting me from every word, every thought, every manifestation that is not in your perfect will for my life. I declare that only great things are happening for me today. That today will be a celebration and great news and successes come one after the other. Ase.

Support our work!


https://noirpress.org/author/loladesiyonbola/

Let's Socialize–join our Social community!
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

Comments