Ficklin Media CTV Cable Show April 11 , 2016_Martin Luther King Salute and Video Links

Comments

Jesse Turner said…
I have watched them all, felt the wiser for viewing them. I love this clip about Dr. King talking about the "power of Poor People, when they come together, and assert themselves. I am always in some state of study on Dr. King's life and work. The more I study, the more I see the need for more study. I feel blessed to listen to Tom Ficklin on the radio, read his postings, and view the links he shares. I hope in the spring you can do a show on Moral Monday Connecticut's work and the National Poor People's Campaign. It is no surprise that Dr. King more and more talked about human rights, standing up and organizing the poor, labor and peace. It is what made him a target by the Hover's FBI and the racists.
Dr. King said: “I choose to identify with the underprivileged. I choose to identify with the poor. I choose to give my life for the hungry. I choose to give my life for those who have been left out… This is the way I’m going. If it means suffering a little bit, I’m going that way… If it means dying for them, I’m going that way.” (cited in Martin Luther King: The Inconvenient Hero by Vincent Harding)
So, Mr. Ficklin, I invite you to cover where Dr. King's legacy is bringing Moral Mondays in 2020. My thinking is it brings us right back to the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King.
Thank you for always sharing what truly matters over the trivia of that often highlights the evening news,
Dr. Jesse P. Turner
Moral Monday Connecticut Education Ambassador

PS trust me Tom, we are listening.
Char Badger said…
Thank You again Tom for sharing. MLK gave many more speeches, than the I Have A Dream one always trouted out during his Holiday.