One Woman Show, "From The Hood To The Ivy League" by Dr. Tiffany R. Jackson

From Tiffany Jackson:

On Sunday, October 6 @ 5pm, St Paul and St James Episcopal Church in New Haven. I am making history with the help of amazing artists. As a girl from the projects to the most revered institutions in the world, I am sharing my journey through my gift, passion, and purpose. I will speak for those who can not speak for themselves. Black men who lost their lives during the crack cocaine epidemic due to “War Against Drugs”, the role of the community in the emergence of hiphop, mom, jim crow, Black bodies and the manner in which they were pillaged, raped and lynched. As well, I will trace my musical journey from Black idioms to opera and bending genres. Through storytelling, multiple genres of music, art, dramatic movement and audience engagement, I hope to inform and inspire.
 ❤️



EVENTBRITE.COM
NecessaryDiva Productions LLC is producing its first theatrical endeavor, "From the Hood to the Ivy League". It was conceived by New Haven's own, Dr. Tiffany Renee Jackson, classical/jazz singer, educator and health/fitness professional. Dr Jackson has a story to share as she was raised by a mother....

Comments