Meet with Runoko Rashidi and Join the Tour

Family, let me give you your history lesson for tonight and promote an upcoming event at the same time.
This is a depiction of King Usemare Ramses II. He is the one known as Ramses the Great. And he is painted black. Why? Because in Kmt (Ancient Egypt) the color black was associated with resurrection, with rejuvenation, with divinity. In Kmt the color black represented the color of god.
Kmt was "the Beloved Land." Indeed, the name Kmt (the indigenous name for Ancient Egypt) means "the Black City" or "the Black Community." And this did not mean the soil. It meant the people of the Black land.
Ramses II himself was one of Kmt's most illustrious kings of Kmt and ruled for sixty years. He was a great builder, a great family man and signed the world's first peace treaty.
On Sunday afternoon September 7 I will lead a tour of the Egyptian collection at the Walters Museum Baltimore where this beautiful piece is housed. I will talk about the deeds of Ramses II and the life and times of the ancient Nile Valley. I am calling it WHEN WE WERE KINGS: BLACK MEN IN KMT & KUSH.
I encourage you to join me!

Comments