How To Be An ANTIRACIST


2 hrs
Ibram X. Kendi
3 hrs
The hardcover, the actual book, arrived fresh from the printer the other night. When I first held it in my hands, I was overcome with emotion. It all kind of hit me at once. All I had to overcome in order to finish this book. All the secrets of my journey I had to tell. All of the vulnerability in its pages, personal and intellectual. How so many people entrusted me to answer its guiding question. How I wish #howtobeanantiracist wasn’t so needed at this time. How excited I am to finally share it with the world on August 13th.
A huge smile turned into a face of sadness. A face of sadness turned back into a huge smile. I took the book and sat with it, sat with my emotions for a long while. I sat feeling grateful too. Grateful for all the people who had their hands in producing this book. Shout out to my editor, the one and only Chris Jackson and the whole team at One World.
Grateful for all the people planning to read the book and use the book in building an antiracist society. Grateful. So Grateful. 🙏

Comments