Booker's Book Club


 
 
Thomas,

My parents instilled a love of reading from an early age, and it stuck.

I don’t have as much time these days to read for the sheer pleasure of reading. But when I do, it provides a refreshing and rejuvenating break. I’m constantly learning and discovering – and that helps me be a better Senator.

That’s why I’m excited to let you know about my 2017 Summer Book Club – and I’d love to have you join us.

Booker's Book Club. Join!

Here’s how it works:

This summer, we’re reading Matthew Desmond’s Pulitzer Prize-winning Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City. For anyone concerned about the struggles of inner city families in a time of deep recession, Desmond’s book is a must-read.

Then, in September, I’ll host a Facebook Live book club discussion where everyone in the club can weigh-in with their thoughts and impressions.

If you love to read and you care about important issues, I know you’ll feel right at home in my 2017 Summer Book Club. I hope you will join!

Sign up here for my 2017 Summer Book Club

Thanks,

Cory

Comments