Tom, these extraordinary times call for extraordinary leadership from our US Senators to use every tool in their tool boxes to block Donald Trump’s radical nominees for cabinet positions. They are unacceptable and we have never seen anything so radical. Examples include:
- His nominee for the Department of Education, Betsy Devos, has waged a multi-year fight to destroy public education and effectively destroyed the promise of educational opportunity in Detroit.
- His selection for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, was refused a judgeship in the 1980s because of his segregationist views and has led the fights against voting rights and immigration reform.
- His pick for Health and Human Services, Tom Price, has promised to “end Medicare as we know it” and has lead the fight to restrict women’s access to health care.
- His pick for the Environmental Protection Agency – Scott Pruitt, is a climate change denier who as Attorney General of Oklahoma championed the opposition to regulations on clean air and limiting carbons.
- His selection for the Department of Labor, Andrew Puzder, owns a fast food chain and believes that we do not need a minimum wage and wants to rip up every protection the Obama administration promulgated.
- His choice for Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, our emissary to the rest of the world,is the CEO of Exxon and has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Call SEN Chris Murphy: (860) 549-8463 and SEN Blumenthal: (860)258-6040.
Tell them we’re counting on them to block the madness of these nominees and that we will have their back when they do.