January 15 – Public Education Community Dialogue
ConnCAT MLK Event
COMMUNITY DIALOGUE ABOUT PUBLIC EDUCATION
DEFINING THE PURPOSES OF PUBLIC EDUCATION FOR THE 21ST CENTURY:
How far have we come? Where do we go from here?
This is event is an all call for administrators, teachers, parents, students, community leaders, employers, public school advocates, and every concerned citizen that has a stake in the future of public education.
Sunday, January 15, 2017
12pm – 4pm
ConnCAT, 4 Science Park,
New Haven, CT 06511
Pre-Register: ConnCAT Community Dialogue January 15
We will look at the current state of public education in our nation and engage in a courageous solution based conversation for action around these questions:
· What is the purpose of 21st Century Public Education?
· Are we operating toward that purpose?
· How far have we come post MLK?
· Who is public education best serving?
· Has our education system contributed to the disengagement and disconnection of our nation’s youth?
· What are the economic and social impacts of this disconnection and dis-engagement?