New support group in New Haven for grandparents of kids with autism | FOX 61

New support group in New Haven for grandparents of kids with autism | FOX 61:

NEW HAVEN - When a child is diagnosed with autism, parents often turn to support groups for advice and understanding.
Grandparents need the same sort of outlet.  That's why a New Haven mother-daughter duo are launching a support group for grandparents of kids with ASD in January.
After grandson TJay was diagnosed with the developmental disorder, Phyllis Foskey wasn't sure how to help his mother, her daughter, Tracey.
"She was running here and running there.  My thing was, 'When am I going to pitch in? I have to pitch in, I have to help out'," said Phyllis.  "When I started doing that, I noticed that my family started pitching in, my hair stylist, my pastor.  All of us came together as a village raising this child."

Comments