Permission Not to Believe



















I have been thinking a lot lately about giving myself permission NOT to believe.

Where is it written that one must believe in things?

Is it okay just to live in a suspended belief system and at the same time just test the waters?

Everyone can not swim but might just be comfortable in walking along the shore, poking toes at the water, watching others surf, swim and even frolic through the waves.

Might it just be sufficient to believe in the possibility of many things?

 I still pay my taxes and render unto Ceasar what he is due. But in my meantime please do not compel me to render a loyalty oath to whatever your beliefs might be.

Some folks might believe that we all can trace our DNA back to a land mass that we now call East Africa.

Others might believe that we were created out of dust.

Others might believe that in fact we contain remnants of the Big Bang and are therefore in some ways billions of years old.

For my money, I do believe that I am priceless and passing through an infinite eternity.

Comments