40th Yale Divinity School Class Reunion













I am taking part during the next two days in my 40th Class Reunion Celebration from the Yale Divinity School in 1975 during the annual YDS Convocation.

So many thoughts are running through my head. While at YDS in those long ago days, Black Liberation Theology was just being widely discussed.

Was Christ Black received serious discussion ?

I had the opportunity to explore the connection between the psychology of religion and the practice of religion.

Baptised myself in the impact of media broadcast.

Enrolled in a special course pertaining to the economics of the black church.

Endured field placements at the Mental Health Center and New Haven Legal Aid.

Dabbled in prison ministry.

And  took a year off between my second and third year in completing the M. Div degree, to work for the A. Better Chance public school program.

I did other things of course, including imitating President Clinton in not inhaling, along with writing papers about the similarities between the Kemet-Maat and the ten Commandments.

It continues to be a richly rewarding and ever evolving point in time where the seed thoughts planted in the early 1970's continue to emerge, sprout and flourish and direct.

Comments