Is Social Entrepreneurship Enough? - from Jonathan C. Lewis














Is Social Entrepreneurship Enough? - from Jonathan C. Lewis: "I’ve organized. I’ve marched. I’ve protested. I’ve worked in political campaigns. I’ve donated. I’ve social entrepreneured. For the causes you believe in, you do everything.
For me, and I think for most of us, social entrepreneurship, is a means, not an end. It is a tool for achieving specific goals, such as educational opportunity or a better healthcare system, or human rights, or economic development.
Without much argument, social entrepreneurs concede the limitations of their social ventures. A chain of charter schools is not a national school system. An enterprise providing bottled water to slum dwellers is not a public, city-wide water system. A sustainable microfinance program is not a well-regulated banking system required by law to serve the underserved. A local campaign to stop a beachside real estate development is not as effective as permanent legal protection guaranteeing public access for an entire " ( click on link above for full article)




Comments