God Opens Doors














I had the opportunity to listen to a Ben Carson interview recently.

He mentioned that he prayed to God re whether he should run for president and that he heard from God so to speak and decided to run. His prayer was that if God opened the doors that he would obey and walk through them. He mentioned that indeed God has opened doors .

I am not trying to be disrespectful or sarcastic at all.

I respect his beliefs and I would dare say that there is not a single person running for  the highest office in the land present or past who has stated forthrightly that he/she consulted with God and received direct marching orders so to speak.

The theme and song Onward christian soldiers has sometimes been maligned but one has to give it to Uncle Ben ( okay here I am being a little tongue in cheek).

The upcoming debates will of course being very interesting for a political junkie like myself and I  will be interested as to how Ben handles the separation of church and state question.



Comments

Unknown said…
I am immediately distrustful of anyone who claims that God has spoken to them. For a long list of reasons. First of all, I do not believe that God speaks to man in man's voice. If you are carrying on a literal conversation with God, there is probably medication you ought to be taking. I think that people who rationalize their actions by saying God spoke to them - especially politicians - are arrogant and condescending. I also think they are also unwilling to take personal responsibility for their own choices and their own actions.

How will Dr. Carson explain God's decision when he becomes a minor, irrelevant footnote in the 2016 presidential race?