Dear Mary, Dear Luther


I'm thrilled to share that my parents' book, "Dear Mary, Dear Luther" is finally available. My parents, Mary Brooks Snyder and Luther William Snyder, met sometime in late 1935 when they were paired in a wedding procession at the Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, where they lived. In 1937, my father left Wilkes-Barre to find work. They began writing letters to each other, and their correspondence lasted for three and one-half years until they were married in January of 1941. During this period, they saw each other only a few weeks a year. Each saved their letters, leaving a nearly complete set of correspondence chronicling their romance. I decided to publish the letters because my mother wanted to publish them. She thought they were special. "Dear Mary, Dear Luther" is available through AuthorHouse.com, bookstores and on-line retailers. http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/…/Dear-Mary-Dear-Luther.as…

Comments