Pink Eggshell: The Top 20 African American Interior Designers 2011

Pink Eggshell: The Top 20 African American Interior Designers 2011: "I understand that every time I walk into an auditorium to deliver a speech or sit on a panel for a discussion about interior design, I represent the minority. Not just as an African American, but more specifically as one working as a professional in the design community. When I am featured in magazines and other media outlets, the questions that repeatedly arises are, who are your colleagues, is there someone like you in my neighborhood? Who are the top African American designers? First, understand this. It is impossible to build a successful career defining yourself as only an African American designer. Yes, I am African American, but I obtain clients of all races. I'm sure that the designers on the list will agree - beauty and style know no color. I worked with many different individuals to compile this list. I took suggestions from other designers, decorative center staff from around the country, local Realtors and home builders. I submitted the list to my esteemed colleagues for scrutiny and this is the final tally. In no particular order, here are our the Top 20 African American Designers."

Comments