Sometimes it is Not “All Good”: How Yoga Teaches Me to Speak My Truth | Chelsea Loves Yoga

Sometimes it is Not “All Good”: How Yoga Teaches Me to Speak My Truth | Chelsea Loves Yoga: As much as I want to assume this identity of the “peaceful yogi” who sees the good in all, it doesn’t mean that I remain silent when my voice needs to be used. Honestly, I could care less if anyone hears me or not; however, when we exercise our voice with integrity we awaken our Truth.
Stay balanced and grounded in your Truth.

For centuries people have been marginalized, attacked, harassed, bullied, and sometimes murdered for speaking their Truth. As a woman of African descent I have experienced both racism and sexism in many different settings that have at times left me paralyzed with fear….until now.

Over the past three days I have experienced direct and repetitive cyber harassment from the editor in chief/moderator of an online “yoga” publication with over 48,000 subscribers. This particular publication proclaims to support freedom of speech for readers; however, when I challenged a particular video entitled “Yoga for Black People”, which in my opinion was a tasteless attempt at “humor” by way of perpetuating negative stereotypes, I was the target for endless comments and posts that not only used my name, but my photo from my website as well

Comments