BILL DUKE AT ABFF

BILL DUKE AT ABFF
I think a lot of things have happened, from reality TV, the economy, the shifting paradigm from film to media, and the fact that our relevance is not the same as it was. The spectrum of content exposing our overall culture is no longer there. I don’t blame anybody. I think we have to begin to understand that we are not in the movie business anymore -- we are in the media business. And how do we adjust to that? How do we get into games, virtual worlds, webisodes and all the new things coming out? We have to understand that no one is going to save us. We have to go and get it.

TR: What’s your favorite black movie?

BD: It’s hard because I have so many.

TR: What are you working on right now?

BD: I am working on a lot of things. Right now I’m working on a virtual-world project, a game called Holy Land. We have already signed a deal for this virtual world game. I’m also working on a project called Dark Girls, which is online. It a documentary that explores the impact of western standards of beauty on other cultures, and specifically dark skin women and our culture.

Comments