The Buttry Diary

The Buttry Diary

I am Director of Community Engagement & Social Media for Journal Register Co. To contact me by email, write me at stephenbuttry (at) gmail (dot) com.
Before joining JRC, I was director of community engagement for TBD.com, a local news site covering the Washington Metro Area. From 2008 to 2010, I was at Gazette Communications in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where I was editor of The Gazette and GazetteOnline and C3 Innovation Coach. I was named Editor of the Year in 2010 by Editor & Publisher.
I have spent nearly 40 years in the news business, starting as a carrier for the Columbus Citizen-Journal (may it rest in peace) in Ohio in the 1960s when I was in junior high. I started writing professionally for the Evening Sentinel (also deceased) in Shenandoah, Iowa, in August 1971, when I was getting ready to start my senior year of high school. I’ve worked as a reporter, editor and writing coach for the Des Moines Register, Kansas City Star and Times, Minot Daily News and Omaha World-Herald.

Comments