The only true race is the human race - CNN.com


The only true race is the human race - CNN.com
Editor's note: America's 300 million-plus people are declaring their identity in the 2010 Census this year. This piece is part of a special series on CNN.com in which people describe how they see their own identity. Walter Mosley is a prominent American novelist, most known for his crime fiction. He has written a series of best-selling historical mysteries featuring the hard-boiled detective Easy Rawlins, another series featuring Fearless Jones and now, Leonid McGill in Mosley's latest, "Known to Evil."

Comments

theranman said…
An amazing piece of writing. I was struggling to capture my own thoughts on paper on this very same subject and this piece rendered my efforts moot. So very well done.
Sign me,
Just like you, caucausion, Indian, Irish, English and God only knows what else that my forefathers have kept from me and having lived in Texas, Alaska, New York, Germany, California, Oklahoma and South Louisiana, (not to ever be confused with North Louisana, aka Texas East) know that we are indeed, all the same.