FATHER FICTION



http://donmilleris.com/2010/04/05/2087/
My latest literary endeavor, Father Fiction, hits shelves tomorrow! I previously released this book under the title To Own a Dragon, and it sold more than eighty-thousand copies, however, I bought back the rights because the distributor had some trouble getting it out there, and have now rereleased it with a larger publisher. The book has four new chapters that, I believe, add a great deal more value. Previously, the book was geared toward men who grew up without fathers, but I heard from so many women, I dropped all that language and opened it up for anybody whose dad may not have been around, either physically or emotionally.
The new content in the book includes a chapter on how I met my father after thirty years of not hearing from him, a chapter on the pitfalls of self pity, a chapter on dating and what the opposite sex really finds attractive, and a chapter on how intentional friendships can keep you out of trouble and help you succeed.
Ultimately, Father Fiction is the most practical book I’ve written. It’s an advice book, essentially, helping readers of any age avoid the mistakes that hold people back. I’m amazed at how many people read the book who grew up with great dads and still learned valuable lessons, and even more amazed at how many great dads read the book and became more enthused about teaching their kids more specific truths.

Comments