MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR- I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD


As we embark upon the two month or so journey of Africans in the Dispora examination with Kwanzaa-Martin Luther King Day-Black History Month, it is really imperative in my opinion to listen to Martin Luther King proclaim that he is Black and He Is Proud.Listen to the short clip below and perhaps share it with others. Might you ask why, you have not seen this clip broadcasted as much as other speeches.

Also, let's remember that Dr.King was planning the Poor People's March on Washington to take place just a few short months after his assassination. What speech would he have given?

Comments

fearless said…
Brother Martin, My sentiments exactly. I am proud of my blackness and blessed with the heritage and spirit of a great people.
Thanks, Tom. I would love to find more of this particular speech. Any ideas? I tried some searching on the web? I can imagine that there must be even more great insight!