Essence.com Search for Breast Cancer Survivors


Essence.com Search for Breast Cancer Survivors

ESSENCE is searching for African-American women who have beaten
breast cancer and are interested in sharing their stories! These women
need to be willing to open up about their struggles and share their
STRATEGIES AND SECRETS to resilience.

We're interested in everyone, but would particularly love to profile:

+ A woman who contracted breast cancer very young (in her 20s)
+ A woman who has battled breast cancer more than once
+ A medical doctor who has defeated breast cancer herself

Tell us about your triumph over the disease by emailing Essence at
healthyliving@essence.com. Please include your name, age,
geographic location and a photo of yourself (if available).

Comments

gloria moose said…
Hi My name is Gloria Moose I would like to tell you a little about my self. A year and a half ago I had Breast Cancer. I got help from the Lord first and for most. Then got me a support group that helped out a lot for my state of mind.I kepted on doing what was good for me. I worked out every day after treatment. I had know pain through everything.Stay postive at all times.I also read a lot self help book that was a great help for me. My family was a great support. So take care. Thanks Ms. Gloria Moose