SNEAKING A SMOKE VERSUS SNEAKING TO ARGENTINA

We all have addictions. I can say this, for I can claim that if you do not think you have an addiction, it is because you are unaware of it. At any rate President Barack Obama admits to his addiction and Governor Sanford has had to recently in public admit his ( whatever it is). Nonetheless, we all have addictions and awareness is the first step. As the President has admitted and suggested , keep working on it and try not to harm others. Actually I have an idea, maybe the President should only sneak a smoke in the Appalachian Mountains or in Argentina!

(During the press conference, the President’s struggle to stop smoking came up.

“You just think it’s neat to ask me about my smoking as opposed to it being relevant to my new law,” he said, “That’s fine. I understand. It’s an interesting human interest story.”

The president refers to himself a “former smoker” but admitted that “there are times where I mess up.” He reportedly made a campaign promise to his wife Michelle that he would quit once elected.

“Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? ‘No.’ ” he said at a news conference Tuesday adding he didn’t smoke in front of his two daughters. “You know, it’s something you continually struggle with, which is precisely why the legislation we signed was so important, because what we don’t want is kids going down that path in the first place,” he said.)

Comments